Sunday, August 5, 2007

What a week!

I'm not a lazy blogger but a tired blogger.

It has been a week since I got back from my visit with the Lizzies. Everyone but Connie was able to make it. We left at 7 in the morning on Thursday and got to Birch Run, MI about 4. Part of the problem was we got lost a couple of times and then border crossings. We grilled hot dogs for dinner and had some cranberry salsa that Elaine brought from Wisconsin.

On Friday we all met for breakfast and then made a trip to Stitches N Things. Deb is just the nicest person and her new shop is darling. I loved the room with just fibers and a wall of fabrics, oh my!!! Ink Circles donated a chart, I'll get the name wrong so I won't bother, something about a heart and I got some 35-count Legacy cafe-au-lait and Belle Soie rouge. It will be magnifique when done. Blue Ribbon Designs donated a chart about friends and I got some clay linen for that. We all plan to stitch it and bring it to our next retreat for all to initial.

We made a quick trip into Frankenmuth and had lunch but by then we were too tired to shop so went back to our hotel to hang out.

Saturday morning everyone split up. Some took a side trip to the Rocking Horse, a cross stitch shop, and others went to a yarn shop. Bonnie and I hit the outlets and got some great deals. Liz Claiborne yielded me a pair of camel colored pants for $24 and in the Naturalizer store I got "cute" shoes for $17, 70% off. It is a true friend who will spend 4 hours helping you find just the right shoe at just the right price. We grabbed a salad for lunch, we had to counteract some of that German food.

We all gathered from dinner at Zehnder's. Lots of food, really good food and way too much of it. Took a walk around Frankenmuth. Kristin helped me pick out some sock yarn and needes. After we got back to the hotel I started on those. Will be fun but I need a pattern that doesn't use all 4 needles.

We left for home Sunday morning. It's so hard to say good bye. So much happens in between our visits. My dream would be that we all lived on the same street, could get together to stitch every night, swap stash and give out hugs whenever needed.

I think I'll tell you about my new job tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jacque said...

Jeanne,

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!

Your new job sounds great and I'm truly envious of your get-together with your friends...nothing like being able to stitch with good friends!!